Fredericksburg Christian Health Center is seeking energetic administrative personnel with great communication skills and proficiency with computers. Must have the personality to work in a fast-paced environment, and work well independently and under pressure. Prefer to hire individuals who have at least two years’ experience in a busy office, preferably in a medical field. Bi-lingual a plus.
Excellent benefits, including health, dental, life, 401(k), and profit-sharing. Salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time – Monday to Friday
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Check patients in/out
- Give new patient forms/application
- Be sure history forms are given to patients and collected to give to nurses.
- Scan insurance cards and update if necessary,
- Answer phones
- Take messages (includes, but not limited to, refill requests, personal/ patient messages for the providers, and scheduling appointments.) ALWAYS ask the caller for their phone number and update in the chart if necessary.
- Assist patients at the window for pick up of items or questions.
- Make follow up appointments for the patients in the office or on the phone.
- Schedule new patient appointments (must verify insurance first).
- Process patient payments and maintain a cash drawer.
- Receive indigent applications.
- Reconcile end of the day financials and print reports.
- Scan documents into charts.
- Copy and restock front desk forms as needed.
- Call to remind patients of future appointments two days in advance.
- Update & maintain IND application form and protocols
- Postage machine – supplies and adding funds
- Liaison between patients and billing
- Notate NCNS/SDC appointments (No call no show/same-day cancellations) and document in alerts. Make sure to document the reason for the cancellations.
- Process incoming faxes.
- Other duties as asked by practice administrators or providers.
- Contact patients with returned address letters.
- Process patient forms i.e.: Home Health Orders, medical supply orders, etc.
- Checking insurance eligibility before appointments are made
- Maintain/update scheduling protocols for all providers
- Supervise clinic appointment schedule to ensure appointments are scheduled correctly
- Update/maintain all original forms
- Order copier machine supplies.
- Assist the Practice Administrator in any task requested.
- Update & maintain IND application form and protocols.
- Postage machine – supplies and adding funds.
- Liaison between patients and billing.
- Team player.
- Seek to model in attitude, speech, and actions a consistent daily walk with
If you would like to apply for this position, please fax your resume to 540-785-5328.